Hello and welcome to The Otters!
We are a class of Reception children who love
to explore and learn!
Our class teacher's name is Miss Colbourne and we work closely with Mrs Vaughan, Mrs Cook is our Learning Support Assistant.
In our EYFS base we love to explore and investigate and spend lots of our time learning through play.
Our topics over this half term will be: Secret Gardens, Rosie’s Walk, Out and About and the Queen’s Jubilee. We will be:
- Finding out about different: flowers, seeds, plants and vegetables.
- Exploring our local area - find out about: buildings, homes, businesses, farm land, transportation etc.
- Reading and learning the story Rosie’s Walk using Talk for Writing and innovating it to match the Fox’s journey.
- Continue to explore Springtime and finding out about new life and improving weather.
- Learning more about the life of Jesus and the stories he told.
- Enjoying a school trip to Braggers Wood - a forest schools day.
- Looking at number, accurate counting, problem solving and mathematical language, including exploring 11-20.
- Continuing our Read, Write Inc journey, learning the sounds letters make and using ‘Fred Talk’ to read a simple word or sentence.
- Exploring our topics, learning new vocabulary.
- Experimenting with paint, mixing to make different shades and creating many different creations.
- Partaking in the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations. Learning about her life, time on the throne and why the jubilee is so important.
- Experimenting with different ways of moving, negotiating space in the school environment. Practicing activities for the school’s Sport’s Day.
- Continuing Forest Schooling in our wildlife area, looking at habitats, plants and wildlife.
- Finding out about the Burton Code and Christian Values.
We are always keen to work in partnership with parents. Please keep an eye on MarvellousMe messages which will be sent at various points throughout the week.
Your child will also have a Tapestry account which we would love you to join. This is an online program to share their school experiences and development.